Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Randoms

1. I'm 22 years old and still wear juniors' clothing. I have a young soul, so it's probably "age appropriate". 
2. God shaped me like an hourglass. I weigh 115 pounds, wear a size "3" in jeans and have DD breasts. I seriously don't know how that worked out. 
3. Rambling/Babbling is totally normal for me. Just go with it. 
4. I talk fast. Listen faster.
5. Sometimes my suppressed Maryland accent kicks in. Dundalk gets pronounced "Dun-dawk" Hot dog becomes "hot dawg". 
6. Horses are the love of my life; absolutely no question. Boys come second. (Sorry, Drew.)
7. There's a small list of things I can't do. I'm not entirely convinced I can sing; even though I had to take voice lessons in college. But that doesn't mean I'm not ashamed to fully belt out a power ballad in the shower or in the car. 
8. I studied music for 13 years. Don't ever accuse me of not knowing good music. Bach and Beethoven were popular long before Britney and Rihanna.
9. Dad raised me right. I rock out to Fleetwood Mac, Queen and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Regularly.
10. My mom really is my hero. I'm never ashamed when people say I look or sound like her. She's super-mom and I love her for it.
11. We don't say "I love you" in my house. I'd probably be perturbed if any one of my family members gave me a hug for no reason. And yet I have not turned out to be psychologically disturbed, socially awkward or in any way unhinged.
12. White girl can't dance. At all. Flailing might be a more accurate description.
13. Line dancing is probably my best chance for success. CHOREOGRAPHED! And I can wear jeans and a t-shirt and still be dressed appropriately!
14. This one time? At Band Camp??? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OTHER THAN DEVELOPING VISUAL MUSICALITY WAS HAPPENING. 
15. I grew up in a canoe. I also grew up camping, hiking, bike riding, swimming, water skiing, wakeboarding, horseback riding and playing soccer. Suffice it to say I like being outside. If I'm tan? It's not because I lay out in a bikini...
16. I've changed my major about 5 times. I'm still not sure I've found the right niche for me. But I love to write ... so print journalism & public relations fit like a glove.
17. For a grammar nazi? I'm surprisingly fond of fragmented sentences. 
18. My favorite number is "9" and I don't even really know why. I just seem to like it. No significance.
10. Celine Dion is my favorite music artist and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I forked over $100 for the worst concert seats on the planet and I went alone ... but I was still the happiest kid on the planet. 
20. I'm usually cold. Anything less than 75 and I probably have a sweatshirt on.
21. Don't let me have caffeine. I turn into the equivalent of Mighty Mouse on speed.
22. I'm not called a walking dictionary for nothing. ;-)
23. I think Kate Beckinsale is the most beautiful woman on the planet
24. I can sleep through a thunderstorm or wake up with a start if the breeze ruffles the curtains. I think I have the "Mom" gene in me somewhere. 
25. I fit perfectly in the nook between Drew's neck and shoulder. Spooning [FULLY CLOTHED, YOU PERVS] is a pretty natural fit, too. 

Bonus oddities:
26. I've missed loving and being loved in return. So don't EVER underestimate the power of a soft "I love you" and that twitter-pated look in his eye. 
27. I play World of Warcraft with Sarah & Jill. My BFF Erin calls me a "WoW-Tard". 
28. I don't have regrets. I have learning experiences. Every misstep, wrong turn or failed romance is part of that paved road to happiness. 
29. I'm OCD about having last names in my cell phone
30. It bothers me to no end to see my name spelled wrong. 
31. I respond to almost anything that sounds remotely like my given name
32. Don't call me T-Bag unless you want to be smacked, roughed up, maimed or any combination of the three. It's degrading and not remotely funny. I'm already offended in a big way.
33. Someone once asked me if my parents were drunk when they named me. I came *this* close to doing something less than ladylike. (How the hell am I supposed to respond to that?)
34. I don't get along with most young wives. We don't relate well.
35. I've probably romanticized the idea of marriage at some point. But frankly? The idea of being with a person that comes equipped with an industrial sized forklift for all MY baggage is a rare find and I'd be pretty stoked to spend the rest of my life with that guy.

36. I'm a serious girl and go nuts for the classic romantic gestures. Observe: 
"Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us ...

Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits ...

No one else can ever possess my heart - never - never - Oh God, why must one be parted from one whom one so loves ... Your love makes me at once the happiest and the unhappiest of men ...

My angel, I have just been told that the mailcoach goes every day - therefore I must close at once so that you may receive the letter at once ...

Be calm - love me - today - yesterday - what tearful longings for you - you - you - my life - my all - farewell. Oh continue to love me - never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved.

Ever thine, Ever mine, Ever ours."

... The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven 

No comments:

Post a Comment