Friday, July 30, 2010

How do you start YOUR day?

Usually? My day starts like this:

0600: Drew's Alarm goes off. My eyes usually fly open like and I lay there for a second or two before I roll over and poke him.
0615: Drew's snooze goes off. This time, he gets up on his own to hit snooze.
0630: Third snooze. By this time, I'm pissed off and I usually say something along the lines of: "Get your ass up or I'm shutting your phone off and you'll be late and I won't care. If you don't want to get up until 6:30, then don't SET your alarm for 6AM."
0635: Drew rolls out of bed.
0636: I sleep in the fetal position most of the time. Athena usually curls up against my tummy with her face in my chest.
0637: She reaches her little bitty kitty paws up around my neck so she can knead my hair for a good 2-3 minutes. And for a girl trying to cat nap ... THIS is a pain in the ass
06:57: Athena finally stops kneading my neck, Drew leans over to kiss me goodbye
0730: MY alarm finally goes off. And I'm grumpy because I've been lingering between awake and asleep for the past 90 minutes.

My Cup o' Joe: Toffee Nut Latte
Which brings me to why I immediately feel the need to drink copious amounts of my favorite poison from "Star-schmucks" ... a tall whole milk toffee nut latte. One of these babies is enough caffeine to get my motor running for the next 10-12 hours, which is awesome, considering I usually go right from Portland Magazine to Olive Garden.

1 comment:

  1. Ah. That happens in this house too...
    It's annoying.

    I haven't had a good coffee in forever... Maybe I should get up early one morning (you know, when the hub's alarm first goes off) and go get one in my PJs...

    ReplyDelete