Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Just" a Horse

I think I've posted this before ... and I don't know where I found it, but I love it.

Just a horse! From time to time, people tell me "lighten up, it's just a horse" or "that's a lot of money for just a horse." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a horse" Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse" But I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been shared by "just a horse" and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day. If you too think it's "just a horse,'" then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend, "just a sunrise,"and "just a promise." "Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust and pure unbridled joy. "Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that makes me a better person. Because of "just a horse," I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.


"Just a horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse, but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man or woman." So next time you hear the phrase, "just a horse," just smile because they "just "don't understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment