Thursday, June 9, 2011

Run, Taryn, Run!

Today's the big day that I run my first 5K! (Seriously ... in the 3 months that I've been "training" ... I haven't run more than 2 miles at a time; and I had to walk at some point.)  Next Saturday I'm doing a 5K trail run; and I know for a fact that race is a RUN, not a Walk/Run.

My goal today? Is to finish. If I need to walk a little bit to accomplish this task, bring it on.
Hoping to channel Erin today; that woman started off as a non-runner, and the next thing I know: she's running 5 and 10K's left and right!

In other news ... I've ballooned up to 132 pounds.
My pants are getting really tight.
And my bra size is now a 34 "E".   I get to shop at special big-girl stores and pray to god they have a 34 band size.
So .... I joined a gym. And paid for a personal trainer. Say hello to some OUCH for the next 4 weeks (and hopefully ... drop down to a healthy 120-125. I'll worry about slimming down to a healthy 115 next month.

In the meantime, I'd love to be able to finish a 5K in 30 minutes or less. I'm a little bit on the "steady and slow" side when it comes to distances, but I think I'm okay with that. I want to run 3 miles today. Not walk. Not jog/walk. RUN!

2 comments:

  1. I love running so much, but am so bad at it! Good luck with your first 5K - I can't wait to hear how it goes. Hopefully it will motivate me to lace up my sneakers.

    ReplyDelete