Friday, October 14, 2011

99%

Source Unknown

I feel like I could have written this.
I did graduate without student loans and 100% debt free.
I did work 30 hours a week while attend school full time.
But I did have a new car... I leased instead of owned.
And I did have an iPod; but it was older.
And I did have a credit card that I used for gas that I paid off every month.

And now?
I'm using that 4 year degree to be severely underpaid at my office.
So I work 50+ hours/week with another part time job.
I don't see my husband. Or my friends.
I don't have free time very often.
But dammit, I make good decisions regularly.
99% my ass. Shove it, jerkface.

2 comments:

  1. I did graduate with about 40,000 in debt and within less 3 years I had that as well as a car loan paid off. It really irks me when people want their debt magically wiped away. It's yours...take responsibility... work hard and pay it off... don't buy stuff you don't need and can't afford. Obviously sometimes life throws things at you that you can't control... We do use credit credit cards but pay them off as we use them. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really think that everyone who feels they are the 99% makes bad decisions and that they are in the position that they are in because of their own faults?

    Maybe I am just confused at your stance here on this matter...

    But, I don't think everyone who feels that this country is in distress feels that the government should forgive their debt. I certainly don't think that anyone but me should be responsible for my debts, and I do live a fairly modest life, but really... really...

    Me, you and everyone else like us is blessed- we have shelter, food, insurance, health. Not everyone has that. There IS a problem in this country somewhere, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete