Friday, December 16, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


1. One of my New Year’s resolutions is  to get my butt UP in the morning before work to go to the gym. Really, legitimately ... I want to tone up. I'm a pro at talking myself out of a workout. I keep debating joining the Maine Masters Swim Club; but they meet at 6AM, and don't get out until 7:30a ... I don't know if I have enough time to shower/change/drive to Portland by 8:30. :-(
2. One thing I’d like to happen next year is a big, fat raise. (Hey, I can dream, right?)
3. One thing I’m looking forward to next year is definitely PCSing to a new unit! I'm excited ... and wouldn't you know it; there's a pretty damn good chance that we'll end up back in San Diego by default. All of the units we requested a really small; Camp Pendleton is the only big one. I would chuckle, but definitely not complain. I might cry if/when we move away from the area.
4. One change I’d like to see next year is my cleaning habits improve. Seriously; I'm the roommate you'd vote off the island for being a human tornado. My poor husband!
5. My plans for NYE include heading to a friend's beach house! She was my editor when I was interning at a magazine here in Maine ... and she recently moved to Munich to go to grad school; but is back in town for a bit! I love her. She's small, she's sassy and a phenomenal writer. Can I be her when I grow up?

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! I am not a morning person at all! The gym I go to got crazy busy in the evenings last January and I decided to switch to morning workouts. It was hard at first, but I am so used to it now. I started out just going two mornings a week and now go at least four, and during weeks when I am particularly crazy, five days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have horrible cleaning habits myself. I know my husband would fall in love with me again if I just picked up the pace a bit! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting a workout routine is the hardest part. But once you're in a groove it becomes addicting! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I am a pro at talking myself out of a workout routine, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to get up in the morning but it's so worth it for the workouts...once you finish you feel so good! good luck with your resolution!

    ReplyDelete