Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wanting what you can't have

I learned from first-hand experience that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and the malady I suffered from as a child? Still seems to bite me in the booty. Sometimes? I want what others have, even when I have no reason to. Despite the roller coaster I seem to ride -- there isn't much about my life I would change. Sure, it'd be nice to be wildly successful at 25 and not have some of the struggles I have now ... but I don't think these are called growing pains for a silly reason.

Drew and I are about to open a new chapter in our lives in a few short months. And yet, all around me -- people are buying homes and starting families and ... dare I say it? Part of me is jealous. I know that my reasoning for holding off on things like real estate and babies is very practical. The big reason? I'm not ready. Not emotionally, not physically and definitely not financially. The babies end of thing can wait for a very long time if I had it my way. But the house?

Ohhh I dream of my own house (or condo).
I love the feel of Earth tones.... creams, tans, and browns ... with pops of accent colors.
And I especially love slate gray with pastels.

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Pinterest

Pinterest


Pinterest


I think the point is?
I have a problem.
I long for a home with which to paint and decorate.
I have a problem with wanting ... and not having enough patience. 

2 comments:

  1. You'll get your perfect home some day my friend! :) Just think of all the time you have now to congregate decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have mad house envy, too! I keep a folder on my laptop titled "House of the Future Inspiration", and I add pictures of rooms and furniture and architecture that I like. Buying a house is not a reality until Hubby retires, but dreaming about it helps. I agree with Sarah- by the time you guys buy a house, you'll know EXACTLY what you want and what you don't want.

    ReplyDelete