I want to take a moment to thank Katie at Camo-Colored Chaos for honoring me with this award! To be eligible for the Liebster Award, you must be an upcoming blogger with less than 200 followers. Liebster in German.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
(I'm going to skip the following rules ... forgive me?)
1. I'm an over-sharer. As Sierra described herself, I'm not just a "Hey, have a bite of my sandwich" kind of share-er ... but I share personal details. And I try, I mean really try, to be a much better listener. But ... the pressure builds in my little brain, idle thoughts cross it ... and before I know it, I've gone and blurted something out. /facepalm. There should be meetings for my kinds of problems.
2. I'm an animal lover. Loud and proud.
3. I'm incredibly self conscious about my body image. For the record: it's just as hurtful to tell a slender individual that they're "too skinny" as it is to tell someone larger that they're too heavy. Luckily, at this point in time -- I seem to fall right in the middle of the two extremes.
4. Working out is a challenge for me. Why, you ask? The second I put on my workout clothing and start to head out the door... without fail? "OH! A doughnut...." Party foul.
5. I despise being asked if/when I'm having children. Don't even go there. I find that question to be the epitome of rude. "Just wondering?" you say? Well, don't.
6. I call a spade a spade. I'm up front, I'm blunt and I dislike beating around the bush. I don't mean to be crass, but really, I prefer to just get to the point and ask the questions that I feel need asking.
7. Horseback riding has been a love of mine since ... well, it feels like forever. I've put it on the back burner more times than I dare to count, becuase when it comes to priorities ... horses have to come last. But I always find ways to get back into it.
8. I eat my sammiches (yes, sammich) upside down. Usually more noticeable if I'm eating said sammich on a roll rather than bread.
9. I'm not in a career path that I feel like I was destined to be in. I didn't dream about being in broadcast sales when I was 7. I wasn't actively working towards this in college. And yet, here I am. I enjoy it, but it's a definitely not a direction I thought I was ever going to be headed.
10. I fully believe it's possible to have your cake and eat it, too, if you're willing to shift your priorities around and keep an eye on what's important to you.
11. I love fall. I love switching into sweaters, bringing out light jackets. I love fall so much that I opted to marry in the height of the beautiful colors. Who needs a warm, sultry summer when a crisp morning brings out the best?
Katie's questions for me:
1. Who was your childhood role model?
Uh. Pathetically, I don't think I looked up to anyone in particular. I was pretty driven to be who I wanted to be regardless of whether it fit into a mold, expectation or anyone else's life.
2. If you could trade places with anyone living or dead for a day who would it be and why?
Ohhh ... half the women that have married into money and seem to have more money than sense. Why? I don't actually want to work for a living. I just want to spend 90% of my time at the barn doing what I love, but to do that ... I can't be short on cash. And it'd be nice to drive the luxury car, wear brand names and find myself living in an obnoxiously luxurious condo in San Diego ... but I'd really rather prefer to be down to earth and humble about it... not snooty and pretentious.
3. Video games...Stupid or awesome?
I wouldn't say stupid ... but I will say there are about a million other things I can do with my time and not one of them involve a game console.
4. If there you could relieve any moment in your life so far, what moment would it be?
My wedding day. It went by so dang fast....
5. What advice would you give to a brand new blogger?
Don't blog for anyone other than yourself. :-) Personally, it doesn't matter to me if I have (2) followers or 2000 ... at the end of the day, I write for me as a cathartic release. But it's great if I'm not the only person in the world that finds me poignant and at the very least: an interesting read.
6. Where is your dream home located?
Gated community of La Jolla in California. Hey, you asked about dream homes. Why not dream big?
7. Do you like to wear heels? Why or why not?
Yes ... and then no. I feel it gives me a certain sex appeal to wear the skyscraper heels. But my feet start killing me after 60 seconds of standing upright.
8. What is your biggest fear ?
Big, hairy spiders.
9. You get to live inside of a movie. Which on would you pick?
HMM!! Maybe Blue Crush?
10. When was the first big turning point in your life?
The day I realized I did NOT want anything to do with the loser I'd been dating off and on for the last 4 years. Honestly, it was the realization that I deserved to be treated better and I had the power to change my situation. So I did.
11. What would you eat for your last meal if you knew you would die tomorrow?
Chipotle Burrito Bowl. :-)