Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Newseum

While on a segway tour of DC, we rolled past a building that made me want to jump off my $6,000 device and make a pitstop.

Source
Source
The what?
It's the only museum in the world dedicated to the world of News! Ohhh my little journalist heart is singing. Thrumming. It's a must on my to-do list!

Source
This is one of the few museums downtown with an admission free, but you know what? This is reporting from the 21st century: flashing multimedia graphics, headlines from across the country ... and essentially? It essentially encompasses the big questions from Mass Media 101: Why are things reported the way they are? Who decides what's newsworthy? 

I really, truly cannot wait to go. Even Drew looked at me and said, "Well. I think your heart just swelled about 7 sizes too big. I suppose this means you're going to be here ASAP?"


No comments:

Post a Comment