Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"Strength" by Becca Rae

I've been left in the rain
I've seen my share of pain
Lost everything that I had
I've been to Hell and back
People would ask me "Girl, how did you make it through??"

But I didn't know what strength was
Until you.

I've been down on my knees
Begging God, "Rescue Me!"
I've cried myself to sleep
And I know what sacrifice means
But I could never do the things you've had to do

I didn't know what strength was
Until you.

I never realized how lucky I was
Until you risked your life for the rest of us

I've been broken and scarred
I've been trapped in the dark
I've walked away empty handed
I've been taken for granted
Thought I had seen the worst
But now I know the truth:

I didn't know what strength was...
How could I know what strength was?
No, I didn't know what strength was
Until you.

No comments:

Post a Comment