Monday, September 27, 2010

Days 7- 9

I've missed a few days due to going to my cousin Caitlin's wedding in Alexandria, VA!! (She looked so incredibly beautiful and happy, by the way. I've also decided I ABSOLUTELY want to live in DC suburbs. LtCol Aunt Elizabeth keeps asking me if I'm sure I want to take him to Marine HQ? The answer? Yes. I'm being selfish and doing this for ME. I'll sell my car and buy an amtrak, subway, bus and lightrail pass. I'm no foreigner to hellish traffic; I'm an Orange County native. )

DAY 7: SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE MY LIFE WORTH LIVING FOR

I'll be the sap that says my husband-to-be.
Who knew it wasn't such an extraordinarily outlandish request to want to be with someone smart, savvy, kind, kind to others, selfless, a goober at the heart of things ...

Without getting all mushy and disgusting: he makes me smile regularly. He makes me happy.

DAY 8: SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL
What the hell is it with this meme that wants to just drag out the worst part of me and my life?

I don't like being forced into thinking about someone that doesn't deserve to be thought about.
My ex-boyfriend.

I swear he wasn't happy unless I was unhappy.
I was his regular victim of emotional abuse, verbal abuse, manipulation and his famous insecurities. I really don't know why I loved him, there was more negative about the relationship than there was positive. And the worst part is that I knew I was unhappy, but I didn't even realize how unhappy I'd been until I started dating Drew.

Thanks Matt, for being a douche-bag. Thanks, Matt, for marrying some bitch you'd never met from NY. That kind of impulse? Was the very big push I needed to break ties. And now I get to marry someone that's twice the human being you are.  I'm very glad that you now realize I am the "one that got away" and it was nothing short of YOUR FAULT 100%.

I really do hope this is the last time I have to think about your pathetic self again.

DAY 9: SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LET GO, BUT JUST DRIFTED
WELL... it's more like two people. And the phrase "life happens" is all I'm going to say. Karis & Brenda and I were really close in high school. And then college happened ... and we ended up just going our different ways, doing different things. Change is inevitable. Yes, we still occasionally speak (although I think Karis/Brenda speak more often than I speak to either of them) ... but it isn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment