Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anticipation

Here's the part about job interviews that I hate: the waiting. the hoping. the praying. the back of your brain knowledge that NO they're not going to hire you, they're going to hire someone else. But you tell yourself "Oh Jeebus, give yourself some credit!"

But then you remember that the CEO of the company waited on her hiring process for you to come back from your honeymoon. Her co-owner of the firm says "She was very impressed with you and insisted we get you in for an interview."

So the word impressive sits with you for a day or two. And you start wishing and hoping.
But I'm a college graduate of the Class of 2009. I'm a veteran when it comes to interviews. I give myself credit for making it to final rounds, but the bottom line is that they put me against people with 2-3 years of experience. I have 3 internships and a volunteer thing.

So I've learned? that the worst part is building yourself up, and thinking "I could do this ... I could get a job; this could be my break..."

But then it's not, and "crush syndrome" sets in.
I hate being a negative Nancy. But CMON world! Throw me a bone here! The wishing and the hoping and the anticipation? It's driving me nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment