Friday, October 22, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in


1. Are you a night owl or an early bird?A night owl. I'm absolutely not a fan of getting up early. In high school, I used to get dressed for school the night before just so I could have five more minutes in bed! No, I wasn't uncomfortable. Yes I occasionally wore sneakers in my bed, which drove my mother nuts. 
2. What makes you jealous?Right now? I think it's my colleagues getting jobs in the field of public relations/marketing. I refuse to blame my bad luck on anything other than myself or my interview or my experiences. I accept responsibility and I don't place blame. But I do start turning green with envy when Jocelle lands a job with a great marketing firm in OC and Shannon does media relations for FOX. What the heck ... we all took the same classes and have exactly the same number of internships.
3. Have you started Christmas/holiday shopping yet? When will you finish? (There’s only 63 days left!)
Nope! We just got back from our honeymoon and spent a lot of money; we need to get back into the saving mode first. :)
4. What would you have a personal chef make you tonight?A fabulous lobster Newburg from the lobsters right out in Casco Bay! The newburg sauce must be creamy and succulent, not watery and salty.  But I'm also dreaming about an Italian prepared bistecca with asparagus and red bliss potatoes. 
5. Where was your first kiss?Well, let's see ... I was 5 years old when I kissed Bradley Yont on the bus. First time I was sent to the principal's office.
I was 16 when Jon Omahen "kissed" me outside my house. I say "kiss" in quotes because it was the world's most long drawn out peck. But that was also probably the world's strangest summer romance. We didn't do anything ... he came over and we stood outside of his car for 2 or 3 hours. He liked the coconut little trees. 
And then ... there was Matt Oleson. My first boyfriend and ultimately my first real kiss. I don't even remember when or where it happened, just that the first 30 days of that dastardly relationship was probably the best out of the 4 year stretch, unfortunately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment