Friday, December 10, 2010

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

This week has been for a lack of a better word: overwhelming
Between not making squat at the restaurant
realizing I may need to pick up a second job
Getting a call back from the PR firm that loved me
Interviewing for an awesome PR job with a title
(junior account executive rolls off the tongue all nice and sweet)
to practically getting assaulted for a rumor I didn't even start....
I think I'm very ready for the weekend.
Drew hasn't been home before 9:30pm once this week
and he takes off between 4:30 and 6:00 in the morning
Found out first-hand what it feels like to be discriminated against as a military spouse
Not sure if we're getting a dog from this particular rescue group because of our mobile lifestyle
And if that's the case? I guess we're getting a puppy
Not really what we wanted, but the plus side:
puppies are cute.
Albeit a pain in the seater-rumpus.




1 comment:

  1. So many shelters and rescues will not adopt out to military families. Many of the shelters around here will not consider you if you are a military family, with the exception of the base shelter. Shitty, huh?

    Just wait until some employer decides not to hire you because of your "mobile lifestyle". That one is awesome. Now I never reveal to a future employer that I am a military spouse, my husband's job just isn't their business.

    ReplyDelete