Monday, September 19, 2011

Dammit, USMC ...

I'm a little peeved that people that started recruiting duty 3+ months after we did already have orders for the next location. We leave sometime in the spring or summer of 2012 and are still waiting to hear word on the wind? Last time he checked, we wouldn't know until Jan or Feb of 2012?

Yeah.
You know something?
Maybe that's how they like to roll ... but normal people? Don't like planning the next 3-4 years of their life with 90 days of notice. Just sayin'.
No, I need to rephrase: I don't like to plan my life like that.
True story: I really only want to know so that I can either a) start blasting resumes   b) start the process of setting up a transfer to a branch of my office located in Virginia    c) start buying an assload of bikini's ... because if we end up getting sent to Hawaii, I plan on spending a crazy amount of time on the beach. I might actually take up surfing. (But that's a little stupid, because I lived in Southern Cal for what, 15 years and I didn't take it up then?)


GAH.
Why do I get the feeling that "Damn It, Marine Corps!" is the story of the next 12 years of my life?
I'm severely lacking in the patience department. But can you really blame me? Wouldn't you want to know? I think 6-8 months away is kind of a good window to give someone a heads up that their life is going to change.


2 comments:

  1. Not that it makes it any better... but we only got 4mo notice. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gotta learn to roll with the punches friend... expect the unexpected and embrace the uncertainty. :)

    ReplyDelete