Friday, December 9, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

1. My favorite song of the season is Happy Xmas (War is Over) - John Lennon. Followed closely by the Chipmunks' rendition of "Christmas Don't Be Late". 
2. My good friend Erin is someone who inspires me because she is one of the most productive and motivating individuals I've ever met. As if being a Special Education teacher wasn't enough, she's active in her community, enlisted in the United States Air Force Reserve, researching the possibilities of becoming an MTI at Lackland AFB, looking forward to deploying and aiming to complete her PhD. And to think I lay around the house on Saturdays...
3. If I had $100,000 to give to a charity, I’d give it to St. Jude's Children's Hospital or the ASPCA.
4. If I had a theme party, I’d make it a Sex and the City theme. :-) Fashion, cocktails and a healthy dose of raunchy? Oh, hell to the yes!
5. If I had one wish for my kids/future kids/some young person I care about, it would be the wish that they were very glad of the way their mother and father raised them. I certainly appreciated my parents' "parenting styles" much later in life.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Xmas (War is Over) is a great song. It used to be one of my favorite songs growing up :) You have great taste :)

    I loved reading that you would support St. Jude's or ASPCA because that's what I would choose too!

    I keep reading about girls loving SATC, I guess I should get on the ball and look into it! I just might enjoy it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! I'm a new follower via MilSpouse Friday Fill-In :) I love John Lennon's Happy Christmas (War is over) its my second favorite Christmas song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish they played that song way less at Christmas time because I think I would like it more. Its pretty. I definitely admire Erin too. I just think she is so amazing!

    And hopefully one day when we are near each other we'll do that Sex and the City Party, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet! You are equally as driven, so give yourself some credit too! I know you're an unstoppable woman! Love you hon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete