Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fur-Baby Friday


Joining in on this link-up a little late!

I'm having a hard time "explaining" to my pets that I'm leaving them for 2 months in exactly 7 days.


In fact, I worry a lot about how my new work hours + my husband's new work hours are going to affect my velcro-pup! I've even debated if bringing a second dog with a lesser energy/submissive personality would be wise or just stupid. (I've come to the conclusion that it's absolutely a stupid idea.)


But I don't just worry about my blue-eyed pup. I worry about the brains of the operation, too.



I don't have human children. I have my fur-kids. There isn't a length I wouldn't go to if it meant keeping them healthy and happy. My kitty, Athena ... last time I left for vacation for a week, she ignored me for the better part of a month. I'm not sure what her reaction is going to be after she arrives in DC with my husband in June. I'm hoping it'll be like no time had passed, but I'm prepared for the cold-shoulder. (Who the hell said cats lack personality?)

My favorite picture of these two. Bristol was probably 16 weeks old at the time


I am really going to miss them! It's only 60 days or so ... but again: my pets are my kids. I made a great career move for myself, but unfortunately ... they have to stay behind for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through another milspouse. Congrats on your move to DC! I am a Washingtonian about to be transplanted elsewhere, (my husband is in the Marine Corps) but growing up here let me tell you it's a great city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I absolutely love the last photo of your puppy! Too cute. And maybe if you have enough treats or new toys, it'll be like nothing even happened. :)

    ReplyDelete