Sunday, May 20, 2012

Iron-y

As a military spouse ... I've accepted that much of the next 10 years will inevitably be marked by separation, but God willing and the creek don't rise ... I hope for the exact opposite. I expect the worst, but hope for the best.

I was shocked when we received orders for Marine Barracks Washington. I was shocked when I found a position within my industry rather painlessly. And I think it shocked the hell out of both my husband and I when for once in my life: it wasn't the service member leaving his loved ones behind. This time? It was me. This time, I was the one saying goodbye to him, not him saying goodbye to me.

I can't believe it's been 5 weeks.
I can't believe it's only been 5 weeks.
I thought that tiime would fly, but really ... it's taking it's sweet time. Neither flying or dragging. And when you're antsy to move into your house? To be reunited with your family? That's not a good thing.

This is quite possibly the cruelest irony of all.
I'm strong, I'm independent and I'm capable. But hot diggity -- I really hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

1 comment: