Sunday, December 19, 2010

This week in the world of Taryn...

I can't freakin' believe that Christmas is upon us, I haven't mailed out my Christmas cards and I haven't made my gingerbread whoopie pies! (If your name is MOM, Sarah V or Erin C ... I swear it'll eventually get in the mail). Definitely need to get all that done.

Holy Christmas, Batman: I can't believe I was actually granted Christmas Eve off! There was something like 30 out of 55 servers that requested that particular holiday off, and the restaurant needs 20 servers for both lunch and dinner: so some of us were going to be screwed. That, and I had Christmas Eve off last year. And I had the 4th of July off. And I didn't have to work a night shift on Halloween, so I'm pretty sure it's my turn to work on a major holiday.  To the servers that are working a double so that I can go to Pennsylvania to be with Drew's grandfather before stage 4 throat cancer takes his life: thank you thank you thank you. I appreciate it.

While we're out there, if all goes well: I think we're going to bring a puppy home! I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the breeder hasn't sold her to someone else already. Drew rolled his eyes and said: "Seriously? Another GIRL in this house? ACK! Can't get away!"  Sorry, Mr. Drew ... but I don't discriminate on gender. It's total coincidence that every pet we have is a female.

Hoping to find out tomorrow that it's all GOOD and we'll get to bring this little girl home:

She's an American Cocker Spaniel; merle black/white parti ... in fact, the dilute/merle gene is what turned her eyes that pretty shade of blue. Crossing fingers and toes for some good news!

6 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am eagerly awaiting my surprise! Gingerbread whoopies sound amazing! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puppy is so cute! What are you going to name her? My parents had two cocker spaniels when they first got married and they're definitely a handful so good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting the puppy. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the dog. And take your time with the whoopie pies. I can wait. :)) I am VERY excited though, as it will be my first whoopie pie experience. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely adorable. I had a cocker when I was younger that I absolutely loved. I considered rescuing one a few years back, but they were very particular about not adopting to people that work. I guess they only want families with stay at home moms :/

    ReplyDelete