Monday, May 2, 2011

Getting to Know You Monday

I've seen this meme floating around, but today is the first time I'll be participating! :-)


1. did you watch the royal wedding?
Sort of ... I had set it on the DVR so I could watch it at a more reasonable hour; but I got up for the bathroom at 6AM, and I thought: Well, why not? I flipped on the TV, and that was right around the time that Kate was stepping out of the car at Westminster Abbey. I wanted to see her in the gown more than anything else, and boy, she didn't disappoint.

I did go back to bed, but I ended up fast forwarding through 90% of it ... I think I would have been better served to simply watch the highlights. 

2. tea and crumpets or coffee and a scone?
Tea and Crumpets! I do believe an Earl Gray with a lemon is completely appropriate.

3 who's cuter..prince william or prince harry?
Prince Harry. :)

4. can you speak in a english accent?
Not well. One of my managers at the Olive Garden does a very good impression of a British accent that I believe is called Cockney 

5. do you own a fancy hat?
No! But I would love a big hat! I'm not sure I could wear it anywhere other than the Kentucky Derby or a royal wedding however. ;)

6. would you rather live in a castle or an english cottage?
An English Cottage. A palace is all fine and good; but I like the quaint idea of living in the countryside.

7. how old were you when prince charles and princess diana got married?  were you even born?
I was born in 1986; so I'd heard a lot about the wedding of Charles & Diana and how it was "the" wedding to watch in 1981. I felt like I'd missed out ... so when Charles & Diana's wedding was telecast on the 29th; I felt like I got a taste of what I'd been missing. 

8. have you found your prince?
I wouldn't say that my husband is a "prince" per se, but I did find my happily ever after. If you've ever met my husband, you know he's the antichrist of romantic gestures, and he'd make a face if I called him a prince.


No comments:

Post a Comment