Sunday, May 1, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In ... a day late. :P

1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you?submitted by When Good People Get Together
We haven't agreed to it, but I tend to make logical decisions about picking up my life and moving it ... it just doesn't make much sense to move if it's only going to be a "short separation". My feeling is that knowing in advance that the tour is going to be 12 months or less, just isn't worth moving my entire life for. 

2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
I've had an opportunity to meet women from all walks of life, and it's been an amazing experience. For this social butterfly, I never turn down an opportunity for new friends!

3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
Absolutely.
I'm not 100% crazy about all the geographic instability in the military; it means a lot of moving and a lot of uncertainty. I've been spoiled having Drew home for a solid 2 years, with another 12-15 nondeployable months in front of us. And you know? I like knowing he's coming home for dinner every night for the next 12-15 months. I would much rather make that a permanent solution. 

4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
We haven't gone through a deployment together (yet)!

5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?

If you've met me, you know that I'm not keen on the subject of having children. I enjoy my dog and my cat, and I look forward to adding a horse to the mix. That is my personal definition of paradise: being a woman with a career, with everything else that I could have asked God for.  With all that being said ... I'll work out a name if and when motherhood becomes a reality. Being a parent just isn't my dream.

2 comments: