I found this cute little questionnaire on Mrs. Yellow Ribbon and thought I'd do one or two daily as a blog prompt.
1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
12. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
13. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
14. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
15. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
16. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.
How it all began ... (how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.)
I had spent the better part of 4 years with someone I shouldn't have. Truth was, that boy had a power over me that I'll never understand. That being said, when that relationship came to a crash and burn ... I was making up for the fact that I'd been in a monogamous relationship between ages 18 and 22 with a reckless abandon. An irresponsible and hoe-bag kind of abandon. I was all about having "Fun" without being committed. In December 2008, one of my bestest friends on the planet, Sarah casually mentioned that she was having a small get-together and if I was looking for someone to have "fun" with for a few weeks ... that her husband's friend Andrew was going to be around. As it turns out, Andrew was thought to be a pleasant guy; except when it came to dating women. He had a tendency to be ... well ... not exactly boyfriend material.
I think one of the things that stuck out to me the most was the fact that Sarah's husband Ben was deployed at the time, as was her friend Jill's boyfriend. And out of the goodness of his little heart ... drove 20 minutes out of his way frequently to kill any bugs that Sarah was too petrified to do herself; and to make sure both girls were making it through in one piece. Ben, Jill's boyfriend Jay and Andrew were all buds in the same unit, you see.
I ended up liking Andrew enough to say "yes" when he asked if I wanted to catch a movie and dinner afterward at some point. The part that I find odd .... the two people on the face of the planet that wanted the furthest thing from a relationship ended up falling head over heels for each other.