Monday, September 5, 2011

Alright ... I fail.

Wow.
How exactly did it get to be this long before I made a blog post?!

I swear I have a good excuse. I've been working close to 60 hours/week for the last 2 weeks.
My paycheck is going to be awesome when we take overtime into account, but shew ... the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was do anything other than sleep.

SO!
Considering the last few weeks have been a hell hole ... husband and I went to the Lady Antebellum concert in Laconia, NH yesterday! We both love them so much , and we last saw them perform at the 2009 Stagecoach Festival in Indio, CA. Sunny Sweeney opened for them; and while she's a little twangy ... I love a little firecracker blonde with an attitude. :-)

Today however, we discovered that there was a Monkey Trunks located right here in Southern Maine, less than 30 minutes from our home! We were fully prepared to make the 2 hour haul out to Chocorua, NH for the big Monkey Trunks location, and then surprise! Has there always been a Monkey Trunks in Maine?! (The answer is no).

Monkey Trunks, you ask?
What in God's name?
If rope courses and ziplines sound like they might be a great time ... this adventure park is for you!









It was a beautiful afternoon, so after 2.5 hours sweating it out on the rope course ... we made the hop, skip and a jump down to The Pier at Old Orchard Beach.  Ever been to Ocean City, MD? Santa Monica, CA ?? The Pier is quite similar. In other words: it's all my favorites, in one spot: Salt Water Taffy, local homemade Chocolate Fudge and Pier Fries, oh my!





For the hell of a few weeks I've been grinding through, this weekend absolutely made up for it.

2 comments:

  1. NICE!! I have some pretty great memories of Hubby at I at Old Orchard Beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete