Thursday, October 13, 2011

If you could be stationed at any base ...

... where would you want to be stationed?

I would die and go to Taryn heaven to be stationed at Aviano AFB in Italy. (In other words ... Jess is so living my dream. She's a freelancer, she's an amateur photographer ... what better to do ALL of those things than Italy?!) The fact that it's a mere hour from Venice is a perk.

My second runner up is a little more attainable ... I would love to be stationed in or near Washington D.C. Still dreaming a little dream that there will be a spot at the Marine Barracks Washington (better known as the "8th & I Barracks") next year.

What about you?
Where would you love to be stationed?

4 comments:

  1. Italy does sound beautiful!! I always think about that movie Under the Tuscan Sun when I think about Italy!! And I wouldnt mind New England states in the summer/fall time! Not to crazy about Norther winters!! Love your Blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy sounds wonderful, of course- especially since I do have family there, however, I, personally am a realist and know that as a Marine Corps family the chances of being assigned to marforces Europe are slim to none- so I go for anywhere in SoCal. I love California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for the shout-out! It really is a dream come true; I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. I really never, ever thought we'd actually get stationed here! We definitely know how incredibly lucky we are, so we're going to soak it in as much as possible.

    And for the person above me, there are TONS of marines at this base...there's hope for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anywhere as long as we are together as a family.
    I have to agree with Jessica, can't rule a place out. My brother was stationed at Aviano as a Marine. My husband, a Marine, is at an Army base right now and our next place that we are likely to go is an Air Force base.
    I think the most exciting part of being a military family is the ability to travel and see places you never thought you would.

    ReplyDelete