Friday, March 19, 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

OAL: Public Relations/Public Affairs under the marketing umbrella
SPECIFICS: Healthcare/Medical Communications ... or for a Convention & Visitors' Bureau (two totally opposite ends of the spectrum) ... I'm even seriously considering doing public affairs for the automotive industry if it becomes available. My dad would get a kick out of it.


Now here's the question: How on Earth do I get to where I want to go?!?!

Would starting as an administrative or staff assistant help get me to where I want to be? From what I understand, both of those job descriptions boils down to be an intern with a LITTLE more responsibility ... and a paycheck.

All this may in fact be a question for all three of my mentors (I like to cover my bases). 

My strengths:
*Strong verbal/interpersonal communication skills
*Strong writing skills
*Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines
*Campaign analysis and budgeting

Weaknesses:
*Development of creative strategies and tactics
*Crisis communications



SIGH!
I'm moving with Drew in June; it'd be great to at least know where I should start pointing my compass.

No comments:

Post a Comment