Monday, March 1, 2010

When I grow up

When I was 9 years old, I had to write a short paper about what I wanted to be when I grew up. Oh, mine was short alright. It was like 5 words. It said: "I just want to be happy". My teacher at the time told me I didn't understand the assignment. To this day, I don't think she understands life. 

I'm 23 years old. I've been to college. I've been in love, I've been heartbroken. I've made good decisions and I've made bad ones. I may very well be on the path to insanity, but there's been a few constants in my life: when I grow up? I still just want to be happy. That's it.

See? Even 9 year olds have strokes of genius. Who knew? 

PS: Call me whatever you want, but "Harold and the Purple Crayon" is still one of my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment