Friday, February 4, 2011

Cocker Spaniel haircuts

 dropped Bristol off at the groomer today for a bath and some trimming on her face. Drew gave me a strict "NO!" on a breed cut, but really ... I kinda thought about bypassing it? The only thing preventing me from doing it was the fact that temps swoop below zero on a regular basis these days, and I don't want to buy the dog a coat.

So. A traditional Cocker Spaniel cut looks like so:


That's one heck of a lot of hair to be brushing on a regular basis ... and I kinda understand that Drew didn't really want a feminine looking dog in the first place. Frankly? The cut looks great if you have the time to bathe/brush the dog every day, but let's be honest: I don't think I really want to invest 30-40 minutes brushing and blowing out her coat every single day.

So here's ragamuffin:
Hi! I'm cute. And I need a haircut.

I was thinking when the weather gets a little warmer in a month or two, about doing something like this on her, minus the "foo" on the top of her head. (I don't actually know if there's a technically term for it ... but I call it "foo")


Nice compromise? Possibly husband approved? Not sure I'm crazy about the poof on the toes ... but I wouldn't say no to the feathering on the legs. 





1 comment: