Friday, May 27, 2011

It's a BEAUTIFUL day in the neighborhood!!!

Today is a freaking amazing day.
I have my keys to my new townhouse (video tour to come as soon as we're all unpacked and set up etc).
It's 75 and sunny out, which is a welcome sight after a week's worth of clouds and 5 inches of rain. 
I'm NOT particularly enjoying the 87% humidity, but both the apartment and townhouse are nice and cool.
Working on figuring out a good day in August to rent a waterski boat on Sebago Lake.
Turns out, Tara's good friend Andrea loves to watersport as much as I do.
She's probably much better than I am ... I like to get up on a slalom ski and wakeboard, but I'm not fancy. No tricks for this girl!
It's sunny.
It's beautiful.
And I totally underestimated how nice my apartment really is.
I don't have cherry wood or marble countertops ... but the stove was definitely from the 2000s
And the cabinets were a modest oak color with stainless steel handle pulls.
Townhouse's cabinets, appliances and bathroom are potentially right out of the 80s.
But hey, it could be worse.
I could have a shag carpet and pops of bright orange and avocado green.
I lost some cabinet space in the kitchen, which BLOWS!
But I think I have enough square footage in the dining room to put a bookshelf in a corner
And have it act as a pantry. 

All in all?
I'm very excited about the move

1 comment: