Sunday, May 15, 2011

Into the wedding dress (again) she goes!

On this dreary, rainy Sunday ... I stuffed my extra full petticoat and my beloved bridal ballgown into the car and headed for Downtown Saco:

Source

 The other "model"  (we're just normal girls, by the way) mentioned that she had gone to the beach and gotten her dress completely wet, but looking at it? You would never know it. No water stains, no caked on sand.

I had asked my parents if it would be okay if I trashed my dress in a photo session (they paid for it, I figured they could at least have some say in what happens to the gown), and the answer was a strict HELL NO!  Which sort of bummed me out, because I'd had these ideas of doing something completely radical with finger paints, like this:



But, as it would have it ... I started thinking that maybe Mom and Dad were right, maybe I shouldn't "trash" it ... but do a "post wedding" shoot instead, in the sense that my gown is still mostly spick and span. You can still get some incredible shots without destroying the gown, so to speak:

Source
Source


Source
Source
But when Jenny told me that her dress was 100% fine, I noticed that her dress was pure satin. And if satin didn't show water spots, then my tulle-overlay ballgown certainly wouldn't.  So next week at the crack of daybreak ... and in water that's probably less than 60 degrees: I'mma goin swimmin in the romantic light at dawn.

I can't wait to see some of the photos from the workshop I modeled for today; there were a few photos that we shot in natural lighting that oozed a vintage feel, and I was absolutely loving it.

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to do a trash the dress session after my wedding... which I accidentally mentioned to my dad when he was paying for my dress... haha that did NOT go over well! But I can't wait to see your photos, maybe I can do something similar after mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete