Friday, February 11, 2011

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup #23


This week has been ... wow
I worked out the details with my new job
I start Tuesday morning
 (you know me: I hit the ground running).
My rite-of-passage lots of work for meager pay job.
I've never been so excited to work for peanuts before.
Maybe because it's been an emotional uphill battle ... ?
Knowing that I graduated from college almost 2 years ago ... ?
Spending all that time justifying to people that I'm worth an investment
Worth a shot, despite the lack of a first job.
But I have 4 internships and volunteer experiences.
Very capable, very personable and very willing.
Luckily? I found the company that was willing to give me that shot.
The job I got hired for? 
Was created especially for me.
Because I made such an impression on 4 people.
They couldn't see it? But I blushed right through the phone. 
I'm actually a little excited to drop $1,000 on a new wardrobe from:
Banana Republic. Express. J Crew.
Don't worry: I'm only using half my tax return. The other half is being split in 5 to pay bills.
I think I'm relieved.
Holy crap balls ... after all the emotional investment?
I don't think I really want to do this again when we PCS inevitably somewhere else.

2 comments:

  1. awesome!! you go girl... I graduated about 2.5 years ago, and I'm still looking for a full-time job in my field. So go you!! hope it's everything you wish it to be.

    annie-simplify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is great!

    ReplyDelete