Thursday, June 13, 2013

Back in the flesh!!

I took a bit of a hiatus from blogging because I really didn't think I had anything worth writing about. This, as it turns out, just isn't true.

I'll start with the most exciting. 
Long before we brought a dog home, I knew I wanted to try my hand in agility at some point. It looked like such fun! Bristol, our Cocker Spaniel, is love on four paws. She's the dog of my twenties and the very apple of my eye. From day one, she's had a natural ability for canine sports -- but boy, we had a long way to go before we were ever going to be ready for an agility trial. A year and a half after we began our agility journey ... we were finally ready and competed on April 7 in Knoxville, MD.  Truthfully, I was much more nervous than she was! Bristol took wonderful care of me that day.

(c) Here for Dogs
I gotta say, I love her "crazy" eyes!
http://youtu.be/Z8AwRT9D8jQ
(16" Run in 'Wildcard')

At the moment, we're working with our fantastic coach Melissa Frye [Skyrocket Cocker Spaniels/WOOF'S Agility] in Arlington, VA on our handling skills and continuing to improve. It is my goal to not only title before the end of 2013, but I would like to one day compete at CPE Nationals.
 
I've made some wonderful friends while living on Bolling AFB this past year, and the hardest part is saying goodbye when one of these friends moves. I'm hoping at some point, we wind up at the same duty station. How does the saying go... "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver an the other gold." This wonderful lifestyle of being a military spouse means I have great friends in spades. It's hard to say goodbye, but I look forward to making new friends along the way. 

We're still not sure what Drew's future is with the Marine Corps at this point in time. Are we staying in DC? Moving to LeJeune? Getting out and going God knows where?? Talk about having a need for exemplifying the concept of SEMPER GUMBY! Whatever the future holds, I'm trying not to worry. It's not something I have any control over, but I have full confidence that it will work out one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment